Sunday, October 4, 2015

FALL SPRINT CHALLENGE

Change your life today. Don't gamble on the future, act now, without delay.
 Simone de Beauvoir

The kick off meeting of my Fall Sprint Challenge went off on Thursday evening as scheduled, albeit with some glitches.

We had planned on meeting via Skype, but that couldn't happen. We just didn't seem to have everything set up right, or maybe computers were not compatible. We used my phone on speaker and had a conference call - circa 1995 - folks around a conference table talking into a box. But it was good.


We all presented our projects and we have a plan. I have to say that just knowing I am going to have to face these two women every week is going to keep me moving forward on my project, which by the way is to finally get my Etsy shop up and running. I'll post more about this as things progress.

We have agreed to send each other inspirational e-mails a couple of times a week, e-mails that we do not need to respond to. I'm sending out the de Beauvoir's quote. The immediacy of her quote - do it today, don't wait. She says "don't gamble" and "act now". Her directness and urgency are two things that inform what we are doing by pursuing our projects with such intensity - finish in twelve weeks.

I am excited to complete this challenge, but more importantly I am looking forward to the journey that will make a change in my life and the lives of my friends, changes that will make us creators of our futures rather than gamblers. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment