Saturday, September 26, 2015

CHALLENGES ARE GOOD! FALL SPRINT CHALLENGE

"You are not too old. And it is not too late to start."               Rainer Maria Rilke

Fall Tree
As we get older, sometimes, not always, but sometimes, we fall into ruts and we can't seem to pull ourselves out. You know what I mean. If you are like me, you are at the end of your career, or maybe already retired. Some of us might be in the this rut, for example. We come home. Make a little something to eat. Drink a glass of wine, maybe. Go for a walk, maybe. And then we are in front of the T.V. until we fall asleep, later dragging ourselves to our beds to prepare for the next day.



Being of the mindset that it is not too late to make a few changes, and having many projects simmering on so many back burners, that I really need to kick start at least one of them. Maybe two, I decided to enlist the help of a couple of friends. On Friday, I was winding down from a long week having a drink with one of those friends, and I mentioned an e-mail I had received from Pamela Slim, of Escape from Cubicle Nation fame. In the e-mail, Slim shared that she and two friends had given themselves a six week challenge to finish projects that they had been working on.

This e-mail got me so excited. I thought about how great it would be to have a couple of friends to keep me honest on some projects I have been working on. I thought of how great it would be to have friends weigh in on which of my back burner projects I should finish first.

My friend was so excited. She too was working on a project that she wanted to complete, and thought that having people to hold her accountable would make the task not only easier, but doable. Now we needed a third. Immediately we thought of a friend who lives about 1-1/2 hours away from us, but we weren't sure how we would pull off meetings. Then we thought: Skype! And the idea of our own Sprint Challenge was born.

After a few excited e-mails to our far-off friend, our Fall Sprint Challenge is now underway.

We are starting our Fall Sprint Challenge! On October 1 we will have our first Skype meeting. I can't wait to start.

Stay tuned. I will update.

No comments:

Post a Comment